Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Little Introduction

First off, I'd like to say that the title of the blog is the name of the guild on Iron Rock server that I belong to. I used it for the title of this blog because of how clever (and appropriate) it is. I would like, however, to give credit where credit is due... and that credit belongs to our old guild leader Loughee Nureye, one of the best shaman I have had the pleasure of playing with since I rerolled destruction. We miss you!

Second, I'd also like to state, for the record, that this blog will be the medium I will use to post my rants instead of on the WHA forums. WHA is VERY heavily moderated and some of the things I am *thinking* alot of the time will more than likely get me banned and cause unnecessary drama for my guild. If you're easily offended by coarse language and opinionated rants, read no further.

Now, a little about me.

I rolled my first WAR character in Open Beta. Coming from World of Grindcraft and playing a paladin for roughly three out of the 4+ years I played that game, initially I was drawn to the Warrior Priest class and had intended on rolling on as my main once the game went live. However, I soon found that WAR had so much more to offer than I had expected, and found myself quickly becoming a hardcore alt-aholic.

After leveling a Witch Hunter and Ironbreaker to T3, I decided, surprisingly, to stick with my Rune Priest. Healing in WAR is dynamic and actually FUN... something I wasn't used to. I leveled him (yes, HIM... I'm a lore nerd) to R40, having two guilds blow up due to the GMs quitting the game (for differing reasons) and being forced to transfer off my low-population home server of Bretonnia I started to lose interest in playing my little dwarf, and rolled Vinda Loo, my current main.

Now, perhaps this is just a "girl" thing, but it is important to me that my game avatar "feels" like a representation of me. Perhaps that's why I found myself drawn to Vinda more and more and felt my desire to play my short little bearded stunty wane. It was around Rank 8 when I decided to put my feelers out for a decent guild on Iron Rock, and to my surprise (after a short Ventrilo interview) I was picked up by one of the top Destruction guilds on the server - Cry Me a RvR - and here I am.

Hopefully I'll get some readers here, but even if I don't, I'll still have an outlet to post what I'm thinking. For now, I'm going to watch some television with my darling husband (who was supportive enough that he dropped his R40 WP on Badlands and rerolled a Black Orc with me on Iron Rock :D) and hit the hay.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I am on your blog reading your ramblings...muahahaha

    Stephen....aka Loughee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very very belated hello and welcome to the blog community! :-D

    Hopped here from Rivs' place, incidentally.

    ~Ysharros

    ReplyDelete