Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Beet'n Feetz Troo Da Teerz...an' Sum Gobbo Fashun Senz.

So little Urp is now Rank 22. He is a little healing machine, too. Got his group heal, his little white Ridin' Wolf, and his last name.

Yay for Urp Stinkbref! (I've gotten more than a couple whispers from people chuckling at the name)...

So what makes Gobbos look so cool in purple, anyhow? I actually discussed this strange fashion anomaly with Narlgutz, a R40 shaman from Limitless who I'd conned into doing Bile and Enclave with us this evening (Thanks Narl <33). (Oh yeah, side note, and before I forget... Grats to Orcen on finally reaching R40 on your reroll... hopefully we will have better luck in Bile/Enc in a few days.) Narlgutz was absolutely in agreement with me that purple is far and away the best color for shaman. Neither of us could put a finger on why that might be... Personally I'm all about the purple on Nimboo too, ever since they came out with the Lich Purple craftable dye (yum).

So for a bit today, I'd like to put my complaints about WAR aside and focus on something GOOD about it instead. The actual LOOK of the game.

I was discussing this at length with my husband the other day and we both agree... the look of Warhammer Online is absolutely stunning. The characters look unbelieveable, very true to the tabletop models and extremely detailed. The castles and keeps and scenery are gorgeous. And the spell effects are awesome. (The green glowy of my Gather 'Round is almost peaceful, in a WAAAAAGH-y sort of way. ;) )

I was scuttling around T2 Dark Elf pairing today with some random PUG warband taking keeps and BO's and skirmishing with Order and we went to go take Cascade of Thunder. I really should have gotten a picture of it today, since now if I go near there I will turn to poultry, because I think it's one of my favorite keeps in any pairing. It's so pure and so damaged and broken all at the same time... the fountain and manicured paths outside so neat and tidy, while the polished white stone of the keep walls are broken and cracked. It has a lost innocence to it, which I think is what makes me like it so much.

Anyhow, I am still up from yesterday (couldn't sleep, so I got up and made pancakes and eggs and leveled Urp out of T2) but I'm getting a bit snoozy, so I will keep you all updated. I think the next post will be some screenshots of the game from various places... so I will play photographer a bit when I wake up. ;D

1 comment: