Monday, March 30, 2009

Oi... Dis Keybord iz Stickee.... o_O

So dis silly humie name Rivs ova at Way of the Chosen gives me dis Shiney wot he call da "Sticky Keyboard Award". Sez sumfin' about ya gotta tell da gitz readin' yer scribblz who it wuz ya got dis Shiney frum, and den put up a link back ta dere scribblz... Den ya got ta do a cupple tingz:

(oiz gunna cut 'n' paste deez scribblz cuz dey too much fer me ta put heer wivvout messin' 'em all up)

  1. When accepting this auspicious (aww-spishus?...wassat??) award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim (a-claim? izzn't dat wut dem stuntiez call where dey dig fer shineys?), and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
  2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. (Shineys!!)
  3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on! (Aww... dey gots ta be 'onest?? :( )
Ok heer goez. (I'mma let da humie do dis scribbl cuz she ken do it betta den oi ken.)

1. Mmmmm Gud is a blog by Lokax on Karak Norn (EU) server. Now, I'd think it's obvious by now that I have a bit of a penchant for greenskins (ya think??) so of course Lokax was going to find himself on this list, but really and truly, the blog is so well written and informative I'd have been remiss not mentioning it here.

2. Breakfast at WAR is one of my favorites, done up by the Pancakez and Omelettez duo. Great posts, and a few chuckles thrown in. (I generally need to keep Urp from climbing into my lap begging me to read it to him...>.<)

3. Blame the Healer is another of my favorites, mainly because he discusses the game from a point of view I can relate to: that of a healer. Good stuff!

4. War Lady's View is another girl gamer blog, also featured in Urp's WCPI spotlight for this week. If you're into EU blogs, you gotta check this out.

5. Nosmo King over at Tooth Skinner posts some funny stuff about "back seat drivers" in WAR scenarios and in general puts out an entertaining and well-written piece of blogwork.

6. Although I'm Destro at heart (and always have been, even when I played Order), Maladorn over at WAR 'n Pieces offers a pretty objectve view of the game, even if he is a dirty Sigmar worshipping Warrior Priest... >.>

7. Spank the Tank is a great read, offering interesting insights from someone who's played both sides of the Order/Destro fence!

And now... 10 things you never wanted to know about me:

1. I'm a Navy veteran with 7 years active duty under my belt.

2. I have 46 hours worth of tattoo work. If I put on heels, I am 6'1" tall... and only weigh 129 pounds.

3. I am building a small Tyranid 40K army, but I've been slacking horribly on painting them because I spend too much time playing WAR.

4. I have a younger brother who used to model for Paul Mitchell.

5. I used to play concert piano and 2nd chair F Horn for the Southeastern Philharmonic Orchestra in Massachusetts.

6. I was in the Gifted program in school, went to high school every Wednesday in the 4th grade, skipped the 7th grade, and went to special "smart kid classes" at Milton Academy on Saturdays.

7. I recently got a wild urge to shave off all my hair to 1.5" at about 4am one morning after playing WAR for about 18 hours straight... and it actually looks damn good.

8. I make most of my own jewelry out of sterling wire, glass beads, and pieces of semiprecious stone.

9. I have an English Bulldog and a pink Siamese Fighting fish... both of whom love it when I read to them.

10. Recently I have become fascinated with traditional Middle Eastern music, and enjoy listening to it while I write.

Well, that's it. :D Hope you enjoyed the read.

4 comments:

  1. I love WAR 40K, I don't play anymore though. You play Dawn of War 2 yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youse a smart git!

    By the way, I remember pointing out to my girlfriend a funny Shaman name I saw while playing - Urp Stinkbref. Laughed my ass off, and come to find it's you! Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my head shaved like that back when I was in high school. Here I thought I was the only girl who has done that! Would also love to see pictures of your tattoos. I get so fascinated by them. That and piercings, except I can only stomach half of them =\

    ReplyDelete
  4. re #10 -- it's not traditional per se, but have you heard of (and listened to) Natasha Atlas? Great stuff, IMO.

    ~ Ysh

    ReplyDelete