Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Choppa Conundrum

So my husband will be rolling a Choppa when they come out as his second class to get to level 40 Destro side.

This leaves me in a a bit of a conundrum.

I plan to help him level, but I don't really have any interest in rolling a Choppa for myself. I have my BG, but that's not going to really do much but add some DPS and something tougher for the mobs we will be grinding to beat on. Pretty much leaves me with one option: Leveling another healer.

So, after some consideration, my little behbeh Shammie, Tikka, will be more than likely the next toon that sees R40. This is not only for my husband, though... it's for the 3-4 other guildies that plan on either rolling them as alts or as their new mains. I have a feeling there are goign to be 12 million Choppas and no healers to keep them alive in scenarios, and I'm not wanting to roll another Zealot, for obvious reasons.

I thought initially about rolling a DoK, but for one, I'm not sure how their meleehealing will work with a Choppa mainly because Im not sure how the berzerking damage will work. For two, I really, truly hate the look of DoK's. It's not the armor, cause that's alright... its the utter androgyny. If I'm rolling a female toon, I like her to look female. I don't want the only way people are able to tell my character is a girl is when she's standing next to a male toon and they can see she is slightly shorter. My Blackguard is fairly androgynous also, but she's fully encased in armor so it doesn't really matter quite so much in her case.

I guess I just figured if you're going to go androgynous, may as well go asexual... and so little Tikka will get the attention he richly deserves (since gobbos are so damned cute).

I know for sure three people that are going to be rolling Choppas, and from what I understand they won't be out till around March, so I suppose I'll work on my Blackguard till then and switch to my Shaman once the event begins. Will be interesting for me I think (even though it's another healer) because of the Gork and Mork mechanic. I'm not used to having the ability to affect my heals through use of damaging spells.

If any of my readers plays a shaman, could you give me some insight on the class? What are your strengths? Weaknesses? How dependent on damage are you to put out good healing numbers?

Post!

-Miz V out.

4 comments:

  1. I'm having this same "issue" with Pancakez. I could lvl up another healer, probably a DoK, but I would want to play that in the long wrong seeing I already have another healer. Thinking about pairing up my BG with his future Choppa and seeing how that goes. In the end, I just want to have fun with him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don’t quite have the answer to your shaman question, but I play their counter part the archmage...and the weaknesses are almost the same on both. They suck against melee dps, big time, but to my understanding they are getting a bit of help in the next patch. DPS is laughable unless you spec specifically for it and stack Int, but being as you are playing a healer and have experience with playing a healer that won't happen.

    Really I would say a dok would work well with a Choppa. Close range heavy heals with melee re-filling your blood offering...need I say more: D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 12 shammy that appears to be allowed out of the IC AH just for this exact reason! I look forward to seeing you out there.

    ReplyDelete