Tuesday, February 17, 2009

PUG No More

I am never.... ever... .PUG'ing on ANY of my toons ever again.

I swear there should be an IQ test to play WAR after the mess almost a full WB of PUGs made of a keep attempt tonight.

I've always been pretty stuck on guild or alliance groups, mainly because I'm used to playing with my guild/alliance and I know what to expect from them. I know the healers will heal me (or res me ASAP), I know the DPS is top notch, I know the tanks know where they need to be standing and what they need to be doing. PUGs are a crap shoot. Half the people in them generally think you're elitist for trying to direct them and don't bother listening anyhow, and the others just plain have no idea what they're doing whether they listen or not.

Note: Do not take this to mean ALL PUGs are bad. It's just that if I do find a good one, they are generally recruited into my guild and then they aren't a PUG'er anymore. :D

So I got to wondering what goes through the average bad PUG'er's head, and came up with these:

"Defend the BO? Psh. What about that IB running by solo? MUST CHASE HIM DOWN WITH 12 OTHER PUGs AND KILL HIM. Who cares if Order gets the BO back??"

"Kill... squishies? You mean IBs, SMs, and KotBS, right?"

"God I'm sick of those healers complaining that a White Lion is in the back lines killing them all. They need to shut up and heal me!"

"Stupid elitist healers won't res me on the bottom floor of this Fort with Order in the Lord's room. What a bunch of asshats."

"Who cares if the Black Orc in the group has more healing AND damage than I do? I'm 1337 DPS! YOU CAN'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!"

"Taunt the Lion? Why? It doesn't do much damage..."

"Oh GOD... there are 4 Order players in this Keep defending. Too much trouble for a full warband. Let's go RvE in a different zone instead."

"Order has 85 VPs in Praag... who cares if they are going to take that last keep without help on defense? You guys are such asshats for not coming to assist with the group and a half of Order capping BOs in TM. My groups RvE is being disrupted by these Order interlopers! HOW DARE YOU CARE ABOUT ZONE CONTROL?!"

"What do you mean, stand on the bottom floor away from the Lord's AOE and out of range/LoS of the opposition's DPS and spam group heals?? I can do that???"

Feel free to add your own. :D

-Miz V out!

No comments:

Post a Comment